Please note, UVic Scuba DOES NOT offer any scuba courses. These courses are offered through Vikes Recreation and this page is just to provide additional information to the Vikes Recreation scuba courses page. If you have any questions concerning these courses, please e-mail email@example.com
Open Water Diver Course
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is the classic beginner course. This course offers a lifetime certification to dive to 60 feet/18 meters any where in the world. Once you have completed the course you will receive a certification card you can take anywhere you go as a record of your training experience.
Conditions of open water enrollment.
- The min. number of students for a course is 3, less than 3 students will result in the cancellation of the course.
- If a course has started but a medical issue arises, you may switch to another course. A doctors note is required.
- If the assigned homework is not completed by the times emailed to you, you may be required to switch to another course, there is a $100 transfer fee to switch a different course.
- If you leave a course for a non-medical reason (miss a session), you will be required to switch to another course, there is a $100 transfer fee to switch a different course.
- If you start a course and are unable to finish, students are required to contact Vikes Recreation.
- If you switch to a different course, you will be put on a wait-list for that course. Please be advised that we may not know if the course is full or not until the course start date.
- If you are unable to complete the skills required with the class you registered in, you may need to pay additional fees for private instruction.
- If you have a timeline in which to finish, but no other course is available, you may pay additional fees to complete outside of normal class schedules.
- It is the students responsibility to find another course to join.